Has your home become a bit dated? Do you feel uninspired by the interior of your property? If so, it is time for a change - a modern change! It is easier to breathe some modernity into your home than you may think. You don’t have to be creatively inclined in order to give your home a contemporary makeover, as we have some great tips to help you get started.
- Let there be light - Light is so important in modern decor. Make sure window treatments are light in terms of weight, colour, and texture. Avoid puffy curtains, drapes, and heavy blinds. When an abundance of light fills the room, you will be able to achieve minimalism with greater ease.
- Stick to the essentials - When it comes to contemporary interiors, only essential pieces of furniture are used and minimal ornamentation, if any. Keep it simple for the desired effect. Not only will this look amazing, but it will be a lot cheaper and much less hassle too.
- Play with scale - You can give your home a fresh feel by playing around with scale. For example, instead of going for small, ‘standard’ pendants, opt for oversized ones. This will give your kitchen a luxurious, fresh feel.
- Try a unique furniture layout - When planning the layout of a room, what does your instinct tell you? Hold that thought, and then go for the exact opposite. You may find that you love what unfolds.
- Add some vibrancy - One of the easiest ways to freshen up your home and give it a modern feel is to integrate bright colours. A soft mint green is a great way to add a youthful vibe. Or, for an undeniably modern feel, why not go for a rich canary yellow?
- Strong linear form - When choosing chairs and sofas, look for styles that have strong linear form. Ditch the bulky furniture and go for styles with refined, sleek materials. The use of tweed, leather, and tightly woven fabrics make furniture more durable and sophisticated.
- Stack your books - This may seem like an odd suggestion, however, it is one of the easiest ways to give your home a modern touch, and it won’t cost any money either. So, why stack your books? Well, traditionally, books are always arranged vertically in libraries, so you can put a twist on things by stacking your book horizontally.
- Ditch the carpet - There is nothing modern about carpeted flooring. Instead, go for a sleek wooden alternative. You can see different modern flooring styles at Carpet One. Another elegant and luxurious type of flooring is clay tile. Clay is softer to touch than standard tiles, yet it still offers great durability.
- Hang contemporary art - Last but not least, if you have a traditional home, there is nothing that looks better than juxtaposing contemporary art with the thoughtful architecture you already have going on in the room. Choose real statement pieces for a modern vibe.
So there you have it; plenty of top tips to help you get started with adding a modern touch to your home!
Trimiteți un comentariu